Can you keep a secret? It sure is easier said than done in Hollywood.
For some celebrities, keeping the sex of their upcoming baby under wraps is no problem. But for others, they just can't help themselves when they are talking about family and work.
For example, during an interview on Conan Wednesday night, Ryan Reynolds found himself in hot water with the notoriously private Blake Lively after he accidentally revealed the sex of their second child. "Two [kids] under two is tough," he told host Conan O'Brien before adding, "Yeah, a lot of estrogen. It's like an American Girl doll took a s--t on my life."
Yes, it looks like the daddy is now a father to two little girls, and he had to make it up to mommy by bringing her home some sweet treats, which she shared on Instagram shortly after.
The slip-up got us thinking of all the other stars who have accidentally revealed the sex of their baby or a close friend's. Check out the "uh oh" moments below below:
1. Ashton Kutcher: While joining the Today Show in October to promote The Ranch, Savannah Guthrie turned the subject to babies, and the actor couldn't help but talk about his daughter Wyatt Kutcher.
"She points to Mila Kunis and she's like, 'baby brother' when she points to the belly," he shared. "And then she points to dad and she goes, 'beer,' so I think she gets there's something in the belly but I don't quite think that she knows that it's not going to be a plastic doll yet."
Yes, right then and there he confirmed the couple is expecting a baby boy soon!
Rick Diamond/Getty Images
2. Brad Paisley: At the 2014 CMA Awards, Brad tried to find out the sex of co-host Carrie Underwood's baby. "Carrie, you can't keep me out of this child's life," he explained. After some persuading, the American Idol winner pulled him aside and whispered in his ear. "I know something you all don't know. Suck it, TMZ," Brad gloated. Within minutes, Brad accidentally (maybe?) said, "We should name him Garth!" and gestured to Carrie's baby bump. BOOM, the cat was out of the bag.
3. Armie Hammer: While appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the Birth of a Nation star was asked if he knows the sex of his baby. "I do know," Armie said. "You can find out now at nine weeks, which is really bizarre. They do a blood test. They test if there are hormones in there. They go, 'Oh, you've got testosterone—so you've either got balls or you're having a baby boy.'" In regards to baby names, that may have been the final confirmation that a boy was in his future. "We're thinking Jack," he shared. "I think I just gave away our baby name? I'm in so much trouble!"
4. Jessica Simpson: There's just something so comforting about Jimmy Kimmel. When the singer and fashion designer visited the late-night show, the topic of morning sickness came up. What happened next was a surprising confession. "I just feel awful, I've been vomiting," the "With You" singer shared. "The crazy thing is, I never knew that a wiener could actually make me nauseous." After a gasp, Jessica added, "Well, I guess I just told the world that I'm having a boy!"
5. Pasquale Rotella: Holly Madison's husband decided to post on social media a sonogram of the baby he was expecting with the former Girls Next Door star. "Off to Amsterdam and I already miss my girls," he wrote. Hang on—girls as in plural? When a fan tweeted congratulations on his impending "fairy tale princess," he replied, "Thank you. We are all very excited!"
6. Jennifer Garner: When stopping by The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, the Alias star talked about her expanding belly. And yes, a slip of the words totally happened. "You can just start to feel really pregnant, like you are the hugest person on the face of the planet," she said. "I felt bigger and bigger, like she..." While the crowd erupted in applause, Jennifer took a sip of her drink and carried on the conversation with a smile on her face.