"DonJuan's pink panties are in a bunch tonight."
And thank god they were because without DonJuan's crazy brand of confrontation in the final moments of tonight's episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, that would've been one snoozer of an hour.
After Kandi Burruss and Phaedra Parks reached a tenuous thaw in the iciness of their one-time BFF-dom while away in Miami the last few episodes, it looks like DonJuan, Kandi's business manager and unabashed defender, may have set the demise of their friendship into motion after overhearing Ms. Parks talk some mess on Kandi and Todd.
At Kandi's own event.
It's hard to pick sides on this fight because everyone seems to be a little bit crazy with their actions. Yeah, DonJuan really lost his cool after overhearing Phaedra telling Porsha Williams her side of the money squabble she's in the middle of with Todd. (Long story short: He produced a workout video for her and wasn't paid in full.) As Phaedra told it tonight, she never got a product, so she doesn't feel like she owes Todd anything else. But Phaedra and Porsha were extra messy talking about Kandi and Todd while at Kandi's music video launch with former Friend of the Housewives Demetria McKinney. (And yes, there was sound this time, for those who remember Demetria's previous attempts at launching music videos.)
Should DonJuan have busted in and said, "Hello, pretties. You know, I heard the gossip about my peoples so I had to walk over here"? No. Should Porsha have ran her mouth with a tasteless joke about DonJuan needing to change his tampon? (Because, you know, only women are catty and confrontational, so DonJuan must be a woman.) No. Is this going to make for even more delicious drama between the former BFFs as the season progresses? Yes. And for that, DonJuan, we thank you.
What? We never said we were above the drama. It's what we're all here for, after all.
- Kandi and Demetria's music video did look pretty great, especially compared to the Housewives music videos that have come before it, but whoever said the song, called "Unnecessary Trouble," was "the 2015 'The Boy Is Mine'" at the shoot is out of their damn mind.
- If Kenya's going to pass up that hot guy from her gym just because he's younger than her and he doesn't have all of her must-haves, then she deserves loneliness. Sorry, not sorry.
- Look at Peter Thomas earning points by trying to woo Cynthia with flowers and romantic dates. It looks like he's really making an effort. The sketch the artist drew of them in the park, though? Nightmare City.
- How is Ayden already entering into kindergarten? Phaedra's teary drive to school with her prince was touching and a welcome moment of authentic emotion from the reigning Queen of Shade. "I'm still gonna be your baby." All the feels.
- Where was Kim Fields?! Trapped in her closet choosing her outfit for Kandi's party? There was not enough screen time for our new fave this week. Not cool, producers.
- "I don't owe DonJuan an explanation or even a response because I don't fraternize with my friend's workers."Damn, Phaedra. Something tells us that's not going to sit so well with Kandi. Just a hunch.
What did you think of the DonJuan/Phaedra/Porsha melee tonight? Is Phaedra and Kandi's relationship doomed? Sound off in the comments below.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on Bravo.
(E! and Bravo are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)