MPNC/AKM-GSI, Ron Wolfson/Invision/AP, Noel Vasquez/GC Images
MPNC/AKM-GSI, Ron Wolfson/Invision/AP, Noel Vasquez/GC Images
Love really was in the air this year!
Just when you though 2015 was all about heartbreaking splits and shocking divorces, we're here to prove that it wasn't all bad news in the romance department.
Instead, some of our favorite (and most private) couples made the past 12 months the perfect time to say "I Do."
Some ceremonies were elaborate, others were filmed for TV and one even featured a surprise baby announcement!
So before your friends claim love was so dead in 2015, get ready to show them the facts and relive some of the most romantic moments of the year.
Noel Vasquez/GC Images
1. Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher: They may be one of America's most private couples, but not even this pair could keep their Fourth of July wedding a total secret. Months later, though, and we're still not exactly sure what the bride and groom wore to their special day. Pretty impressive for Hollywood standards.
2. Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux: It's the wedding so many fans couldn't wait to hear about! This past August, the Friends alumna got married at her own house near Los Angeles with close friends including Lisa Kudrow, John Krasinski, Howard Stern and many, many others.
Jonathan Leibson/Getty Images for Samsung
3. Usher and Grace Miguel: While E! News confirmed back in September that the "Yeah" singer married his fiancée, it wasn't until this month when the hit maker opened up about his wedding in Cuba. "We had a great time," he shared with Ellen DeGeneres. "Wonderful woman, Grace Raymond."
Johns PKI/Splash News
4. Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy: After months and months of waiting, the former Full House star and her longtime boyfriend tied the knot in New York City. While the twosome has yet to confirm the wedding, Page Six said the lucky 50 guests were offered "bowls and bowls filled with cigarettes, and everyone smoked the whole night."
Anthony Devlin - WPA Pool / Getty Images
5. Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter: Now this is how you do Valentine's Day. The Sherlock star married his wife in a private ceremony at St. Peter and St. Paul's Church in the town of Mottistone on the Isle of Wight in England. "Benedict and Sophie were married yesterday surrounded by their close friends and family," his rep later shared with E! News. "It was a magical day."
6. Johnny Depp and Amber Heard: Some things are so good that you have to experience them all over again. For the Pirates of the Caribbean star, he enjoyed not one but two weddings this past February. Before a ceremony on the actor's secluded island in the Bahamas, the couple also tied the knot in a super-private moment at Depp's home in the states.
Larry Busacca/Getty Images
7. Nikki Reed and Ian Somerhalder: Tucked in the private hills of Santa Monica, Calif. is where two Hollywood stars made things official this past April. In lieu of gifts, wedding guests were asked to donate to the newlywed's animal rescue charity.
8. Tracy Morgan and Megan Wollover: The Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock alum married his long-time fiancée this past August. It was a special moment for the couple who has become even stronger after Morgan was involved in a horrible accident that left him fighting for his life. "After almost losing Tracy last year, I am so grateful to finally be married to the love of my life," Wollover told People. "We have been through so much and our love is stronger for it."
9. Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara: Will Miami ever be the same?! Just last month, the gorgeous Hollywood couple tied the knot at The Breakers resort near Palm Beach, Fla. Lucky for us, the Modern Family star and new bride documented much of her star-studded wedding weekend on Instagram.
10. Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden: Starting off the year with a bang! Back on Jan. 4, the Good Charlotte singer tied the knot at his leading lady's Beverly Hills home. Nicole Richie and Drew Barrymore served as bridesmaids while Gwyneth Paltrow was one of the many famous guests in attendance.
Instagram/Christian Oth Studio
11. Allison Williams and Ricky Van Veen: Talk about a star-studded affair! When the Girls star married her man in September, close friends including Andy Cohen, Katy Perry, John Mayer, Bruce Springsteen and Mindy Kaling were in attendance. The beautiful bride walked down the aisle wearing a handmade couture gown by the one and only Oscar de la Renta.
12. Jenni "JWoww" Farley and Roger Mathews: For the former Jersey Shore star, getting married wasn't enough for one night. Instead, she and her hubby decided to announce they are expecting another baby due this April. "By far one of the best days of our lives outside Meilani being born," the couple said in a statement to E! News. "So blessed to have our daughter share this day with us!"
13. Chad Michael Murray and Sarah Roemer: Nothing like two co-stars becoming a couple! The Chosen stars tied the knot back in January before welcoming a baby. "I'm a romantic. I'm a family guy. I want that core," he shared with E! News. "I tend to keep everything quiet. I love my life. That's the part that I keep for myself."
Donna Permell/Prime Phocus
14. Ludacris and Eudoxie: How's this for a double feature? The "Stand Up" rapper decided to start 2015 with a bang by getting engaged and married to his lovebird on the exact same day. "The wedding was small and only close friends and family were in attendance," an insider shared with E! News. "Ludacris was so thrilled to be getting married and filled with such love for his lady."
15. Reza Farahan and Adam Neely: Surprise! As cameras rolled for the upcoming season of Shahs of Sunset, E! News exclusively confirmed that the Bravo stars tied the knot during a cast trip to Palm Springs, Calif. Co-star Asa Soltan Rahmati performed the ceremony and we're told Adam had no idea it was coming.
16. Rob Dyrdek and Bryiana Noelle Flores: After a fairytale proposal at the Disneyland Resort, the star of Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factor married his leading lady in a special ceremony. "Words could never describe how blessed and honored I am to call you my wife," Rob wrote on Instagram. "You are my true one love and I promise in faithfulness to love and protect you and our marriage, till the end of time."