Quinn Rooney/Getty Images
Quinn Rooney/Getty Images
We already knew that we'd be seeing Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm face-off in the octagon again, and now we know when.
UFC president Dana White told the Los Angeles Times that the highly anticipated Rousey-Holm rematch, which will be Holm's first since winning the title, will take place on July 9 at UFC 200 in Las Vegas. Did you get that? July 9. Write it down.
The former UFC bantamweight champion faced Holm in one of the most talked-about fights nearly a month ago, which caused her to lose her title and her amazing record at UFC 193 on Nov. 14 in Melbourne. Additionally, Rousey was left unconscious and hospitalized after the fight, and is still recovering from blows to the face, with her stitches on her lip still dissolving and a few of her teeth still unstable.
However, she's not ready to throw in the towel for good, and although this is real-life we're talking about, anyone who watched the match can tell you it was almost straight out of a movie. So, with that said, here are seven comeback fight scenes from movies to enjoy while we countdown the days until Rousey and Holm go head-to-head one more time.
1. Karate Kid: In an effort to bring you both nostalgia and a boost of confidence, let's revisit this famous scene when Daniel faced his Cobra Kai opponent Johnny. Daniel was doing fine until he faced a nasty leg sweep and a few other illegal blows that nearly took him out of the running, but he still managed to pull through.
2. Snatch: We're no strangers to seeing Brad Pitt pack a blow (hello, Fight Club), but in this 2001 film, Mickey takes his bare-knuckle fighting skills back into the ring and almost makes us feel like he's a goner, until he pulls whatever is left in him to bring it home.
3. Bloodsport: C'mon, we couldn't do a compilation of fight scenes without throwing some Jean Claude Van Damme up in the mix! This iconic throw-down from the 1988 film had everyone looking away from the screen because we thought JCVD was done for (he couldn't even see for Christ's sake), but you should know better than that by now. He came back with vengeance.
4. Rocky: Some of you may have recently watched Creed on the big screen, but let's not forget where that story originated. Sylvester Stallone aka Rocky Balboa was everyone's underdog champion when the Italian Stallion squared off against the popular heavyweight champion Apollo Creed and claimed victory (and a franchise).
5. Enough: Not all fights are done in the ring. Jennifer Lopez began training to finally let her husband know she'd had enough (there it is) of his physical abuse, and gave off more girl power than you could imagine at the end of the film when she finally gave him a dose of his own medicine.
6. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle: Speaking of girl power, there were plenty of fight scenes with Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu and Drew Barrymore in their famous flick, including one where they were outnumbered and Barrymore was getting beat up by Justin Theroux (yeah, remember he was that crazy ripped guy?!), but the trio still managed to get away.
7. Hunger Games: One of our most recent heroines is none other than Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) who seriously manages to kick ass and prevail no matter what obstacle or challenger is thrown her way (four movies of constant fights, it's exhausting). Here's just one example of Katniss coming out on top.