Let us be honest with ourselves. People refer to the holidays as the most wonderful time of the year because it is the only time where it's socially acceptable to ingest foods other than green juice and goji berries. In other words, you're allowed to eat like you mildly hate yourself, and no one can say anything because they're all doing it too. We've been doing a lot of gorging on shabby-shaped holiday chocolates, and while we don't plan on stopping, we needed to find a few other foods to mix it up before we passed out in a pile of Reese's trees. We plunged into the depths of Twitter to uncover the spiffiest looking holiday foods from your favorite restaurants and brands. Here is our definitive ranking of the eight merriest mouthfuls you need to experience this holiday season.
8. Blue Bunny Peppermint Stick ice cream. It's not that this looks bad or anything, we just had to put it as number eight because there were so many other insane holiday foods here that deserved the spotlight. Peppermint anything is a holiday staple, so this one made our list because ice cream.
Can you unscramble December?s Flavor of the Month? OOER OOLC NMTI ECLAOTHOC pic.twitter.com/fBL13anHVf? Baskin-Robbins (@BaskinRobbins) November 29, 2015
7. Baskin-Robbins Oreo Cool Mint Chocolate ice cream. Again, we can't say no to ice cream, so we had to include this gem. However, while we love peppermint in moderation, too much icy coolness tastes like a mouthful of frozen toothpaste. That's why this one is number seven.
6. Starbucks Pastry Box. Behold the perfect pairing to their new holiday flat white —and the perfect pairing for eating alone in bed while tearing up to It's a Wonderful Life.
It's BACK! Enjoy our Peppermint Bark Cheesecake for a limited-time! pic.twitter.com/0bGnWXNpH7? Cheesecake Factory (@Cheesecake) November 27, 2015
5. Cheesecake Factory Peppermint Bark cheesecake. We know we said we were on a peppermint overload, but we had to add this one to the list because it's a freakin' cheesecake from the Disneyland of cheesecake makers. Duh.
4. Ikea Swedish Christmas Sampling. DO NOT even make fun of us right now, okay? Ikea food is the best food, and we're standing by that. What other store can you purchase practical closet shelving inserts and then dine on a plate of smoked salmon and cucumbers!?
Sled, ski, or snowshoe over for festive doughnuts and decadent drinks that?ll have your taste buds singing carols. ?? pic.twitter.com/5kEhO8JFCY? krispykreme (@krispykreme) December 4, 2015
3. Krispy Kreme holiday donuts. Sis, this is too much. As if their regular glazed donuts weren't already mild altering, they went and came out with some holiday versions. Fun fact: Our belly looks like that Santa belly right now.
It's that time of year! Tis the season for sweet Holiday Pie & a tasty Egg Nog shake only @ participating McDonald's pic.twitter.com/VAVTQ0OpQh? McDonald's Michigan (@McDonalds_MI) November 24, 2015
2. McDonald's Holiday Pie and Egg Nog shake. The McRib and Shamrock Shake have literally nothing against these two. Don't even test us.
1. Arby's fried wreath. Gingerbread houses are a thing of the past. While you can't actually order this wreath, you can order all that delicious fried matter and craft your own. Which is what we'll be doing this weekend because we're single and fabulous.
Find out Nick Jonas' favorite holiday food