Today's major announcement that Coldplay is headlining the 2016 Super Bowl halftime performance has fans giddy with excitement for many reasons, one of them being the possibility of potential guest appearances.
Of course, all eyes will be on the band itself come Feb. 7—the day of the big game—but there's no telling whether or not the gents will bring out some serious star power to help them celebrate the NFL's 50th Super Bowl.
It's no secret that Chris Martin and his bandmates have collaborated with many, many famous faces over the years, so why not take a look at who we're dying to see take the stage to duet with the Brits.
1. Beyoncé: Sure, she's already headlined her own unforgettable performance in New Orleans in 2013, but considering the fact the Queen Bey and Coldplay just joined
super powers forces for the track "Hymn for the Weekend," they may have something up their sleeve come February.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Global Citizen
2. Ariana Grande: Picture it...the brunette songstress is belting out a note that only she can hit while Martin prances around on stage as the crowd goes wild. The two musical acts aren't exactly strangers to joining one another on stage, either! They surprised fans far and wide when they sang "Just a Little Bit of Your Heart" together during the 2015 Global Citizen Festival in New York City's Central Park.
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
3. Rihanna: Their hit track "Princess of China" debuted on the radio on Valentine's Day in 2012, so it makes perfect sense that RiRi and the band would gift us with yet another February surprise by singing their track during the halftime show. Hey, if it was good enough for that year's Grammy Awards, it's good enough for the Super Bowl…right? Right.
4. Ed Sheeran: OK, so maybe Coldplay's "Yellow" isn't exactly the right kind of song to rile up a crowd…but maybe that's just because the guys haven't remixed it yet?! Sheeran's famous cover of their classic single caused quite an uproar earlier this year, so we're wondering if maybe (just maybe) there's a way these two can come together to give a more ramped-up version of the song. Only time will tell!
5. Kylie Minogue: Minogue and Coldplay go way back, like all the way back to 2008, you guys. The band and crooner released the track "Lhuna"—a charity single that was dropped on Dec. 1 to promote World AIDS Day. And their collabs didn't end there…They reunited in 2014 onstage for a sold-out concert in Australia, where they dazzled the crowd with a number of duets including "Where the Wild Roses Grow" and "Can't Get You Out of My Head." Now that we wanna see!
6. Pearl Jam: Now this would be a show-stopper! There's no doubt that the legendary rock band would bring the house down jamming out (ha, sorry, had to!) the likes of Coldplay. We're pretty willing to place our bets on Eddie Vedder knocking it out of the park alongside Martin and an entire stadium of diehard football fans singing along.