• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
Jared Fogle, 'The SUBWAY Guy'

Ben Gabbe/Getty Images

Jared Fogle said to be nearing a plea deal with prosecutors regarding an ongoing child pornography investigation, NBC affiliate WTHR reports.

The former Subway spokesperson has not been publically charged at this point, but a source informed the outlet that Fogle's plea may be "limited to conspiracy charges."

Federal agents raided Fogle's Indiana home in early July following the April arrest of Russell Taylor, a former executive director of the Jared Foundation, on charges related to child pornography.

According to local reports at the time, several computers and DVDs were seized from the Fogle household. 

Business Insider was the first to report last month that the FBI had subpoenaed an affidavit describing alleged texts been Fogle and a former female Subway franchisee, in which he reportedly says he paid for sex with a 16-year-old.

The age of consent in Indiana, where Jared resides, is 16.

After the reports of the text messages surfaced, the sandwich chain posted the following statement on its Facebook page:

"About the most recent news story on Jared Fogle, this allegation, if true, is appalling and is contrary to the values of our brand. As previously stated, we have suspended our relationship with Jared." 

Subway cut ties with Fogle back in April, after Taylor's arrest, and said in an earlier statement that they "mutually agreed to suspend their relationship due to the current investigation. Jared continues to cooperate with authorities and he expects no actions to be forthcoming. Both Jared and Subway agree that this was the appropriate step to take."

And today they wrote on Twitter: "We no longer have a relationship with Jared and have no further comment."

The U.S. Attorney's Office is slated to hold a press conference Wednesday to discuss the details surrounding the reported plea deal and charges against Fogle.

Neither Fogle nor his attorney has yet responded to our requests for comment