To quote Alicia Keys MMA fighter Ronda Rousey is on fire!
The 28-year-old took to Reddit on Monday evening to answer questions from fans, and the virtual chat was nothing short of entertaining, informative and quite inspiring!
She introduced herself (as if introductions were necessary) with, "Ronda here. My favorite Pokémon is Mew and I used to moderate a Pokémon forum." That kinda would have been enough in its own amazing way, but there was more!
Here are five things we learned about the powerhouse fighter and all-around champion:
1. Silence Is Golden: There's no hype music involved when Rousey is preparing for a fight—it's all about absolute silence you do not want to mess with Rousey's routine. "I have complete silence before I walk out before a fight. No talking in the locker room, no music, cellphones on silent. If I hear a ding from you taking a video you're gonna get your own private Rowdy Glare."
2. The Gloves Are Off: It's no secret Rousey and Floyd Mayweather have a bit of an ongoing feud, taken to the next level when Rousey called him out on the ESPYs red carpet when she was named Best Fighter. So when one brave Redditor asked if she'd win a no-rules bout with the 38-year-old, as-yet undefeated boxer, she didn't hold back.
"Do I think I would legit beat Mayweather in a ruleless fight? Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match," she answered honestly. "I unfortunately don't get into 'matches'. I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that's my honest answer."
3. Overcoming obstacles: A Redditor told Rousey how inspired they were by Rousey's overcoming an eating disorder with the help of her UFC training, saying "When I was struggling with anorexia, I felt so weak and powerless, and feel so strong after recovery. How does it feel to conquer something so daunting? I feel like it makes you invincible!"
Rousey responded: "It feels very liberating to free of the guilt that used to come with every meal. And I feel like I have so much extra space in my brain now that I'm not constantly thinking about the next meal and trying to eat as much as possible every day while still losing weight. I feel amazing. I (think) I look amazing. And I just ate some bomb-ass french toast this morning. I'm so happy to hear about all the progress you've made on yourself and best of luck for the future."
4. How to Sweep Her Off Her Feet: Rousey's rather low maintenance when it comes to dating. The criteria for a great date? "Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. If a guy is lame, he'll have to come up with activities to distract you from his lameness. If he's all kinds of awesome, doing nothing with him with be all kinds of awesome."
5. It's All About the Protein: When she's doesn't stick to her diet, her favorite "cheat meal" is "Buffalo wings naked with chunky blue cheese and extra hot sauce on the side." Don't put money on it, but Rousey says she can eat "at least 60 in one sitting. But there were no bets on the table. I think I could've done more if it really came down to it."