• Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
JJ Lane, Bachelorette, Black Eyes


JJ Lane, who competed on the current season of ABC's The Bachelorette, is recovering from facial injuries sustained in a violent confrontation with several people.

The 32-year-old single father and former investment banker, who was booted off the dating competition show last month and will compete on season 2 of Bachelor in Paradise, says he was attacked after standing up for a friend. He also said he had himself injured several of his assailants, who have not been identified.

Lane tweeted on Tuesday a photo of himself sporting two black eyes, which appear to be healing quickly, as seen in a recent Instagram video with his daughter.

A video posted by JJ Lane (@jjhlane21) on

The confrontation took place as he was leaving the show's Men Tell All after party last weekend and he was later treated at a hospital, E! News has learned. A show source confirmed the details.

ABC, which airs The Bachelor franchise, has not commented. Police were not involved.

Lane said at least five people "jumped" him and a crew member outside the nightclub where the party took place, E! News has learned. The other person's condition is unknown.

"I stood up for a friend on Saturday and rec'd 2 black eyes for my effort," he tweeted on Wednesday. "I did however leave 4 of them hurt and running away. #Facts."

"Wrong place and wrong time," he added. "It was an unfortunate situation and I'm thankful it wasn't worse for myself or my friends."

—Reporting by Tierney Bricker