Angela Pham/BFAnyc/Sipa USA
Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick's split may not come as a huge surprise—given how we've watched their relationship troubles play out in front of the camera—but in recent weeks, it seemed more obvious than ever that these two were headed for splitsville.
The Keeping Up With the Kardashian stars have stuck by each other's sides through good times and bad over the course of their nine year relationship, but E! News confirmed Monday morning that Kourtney has officially called it quits with the father of her three children.
So what gives? Well, aside from the recent photos showing Scott getting extra close with L.A. stylist Chloe Bartoli last week while on vacation, let's take a look at the latest bumps in their road:
Paul Zimmerman/Getty Images
1. MIA on Father's Day: First thing's first, neither Kourtney nor Scott gave any insight on Instagram about how they spent the family occasion. The two are usually an open book when it comes to family get-togethers, but there may have already been trouble in paradise.
And two weeks ago, roughly around the time of the annual holiday, the brunette beauty posted a (cryptic) Bible verse leaving many
scratching their heads to wonder if she was hinting at a split. We'll let you decide for yourself, though. The post read: "Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
2. Silence Speaks Louder Than Words: Considering how often he used to post loved-up pics of his longtime girlfriend, the Lord hasn't posted anything about Kourtney for over a month, which, is basically a lifetime in social media years.
3. Smile for the Camera: In late June, Kourtney, Scott and Khloe Kardashian were all seen filming for the upcoming season of their successful series near their home in Calabasas. As far as photographers could see, Kourtney proudly flaunted her killer post-baby bod in a white crop top but kept her distance (and a serious poker face) while around Scott.
4. What Happens in Vegas: There's been no hiding the fact that Scott has a colorful history with partying, which he tried to remedy with a recent stint in a Costa Rican rehabilitation facility, but he recently signed on for a weekly gig at 1OAK in Sin City.
You can draw your own conclusions, but Scott's weekend club night outings probably didn't jive well with his home life.
5. Three Strikes Rule: Scott's always been a hands-on father, and some of the cutest moments on KUWTK have been between him and Mason and Penelope, but his wishy-washy behavior shortly before Reign's birth last year was a huge point of contention between the duo.
During one episode in particular, Scott admitted that there was a "50/50 chance" that he would be by Kourtney's side as she gave birth. The expectant star put her foot down, however, and told him at the time that she was not OK with those odds.