Cawley Entertainment Company/Retro Film Studios
Though the search for their son ended tragically, Andrew Koenig's parents remain touched by the overwhelming amount of support they received over the past week.
"The Koenig family thanks you for your kind thoughts at this difficult time," read an email sent out Friday night by a rep for the family.
"It means a lot to them and they are very appreciative of the support they are receiving. Each of these emails will be printed and bound in a rememberance book."
Koenig was found dead of an apparent suicide today in Vancouver, a week after his parents, Walter and Judith, reported him missing. The discovery of his body was immediately learned of in the Twitterverse, where his fellow celebs started paying their respects:
• Alyssa Milano "RIP"
• Wil Wheaton: "Oh my god. I just heard that Andrew Koenig's body has been found in Vancouver. He was only 41. My heart goes out to his family."
• William Shatner "My deepest sympathies to Andrew Koenig's family. I will grieve with them."
• Candace Cameron: "Heartbreaking. Our prayers go out 2 his family."
• LeVar Burton "Offering prayers for Walter & Judy Koenig as well as their beloved son, Andrew..."
• Marlee Matlin: "Watching Walter Koenig's press conference about his son's death is heartbreaking. Don't ignore depression; recognize it and get help."
No funeral plans have been announced at this time. Vancouver police said they would not be commenting on the cause of Koenig's death until the coroner's service had completed its investigation.
Follow the news in Twitter time, @eonline.com.