Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Just call them the Three Amigas.
The pretty trio barely left their table, spending most of the evening chatting with one another or asking Beckinsale's hot hubby, director Len Wiseman, to take photos of them on their camera phones.
Gerard Butler was a late arrival to the bash. "I want to sing at the Oscars," Butler told me. "I just don't think they'd have me."
"I got a phone call that said singing and dancing at the Oscars," Cooper said. "I thought it was a joke. It was good fun. In the great scheme of things it was just a little dance and sing-song halfway through an incredible show."
Mark Sullivan/Getty Images
Everyone, including Madge's ex-hubby Sean Penn, Nicole Kidman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Anne Hathaway, Gwen Stefani, Josh Brolin, Diane Lane, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Sharon Stone, Mick Jagger, Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld, Jessica Alba and Milk screenwriter and Oscar winner Dustin Lance Black, among many others.
Moore hubby Ashton Kutcher Twittered about the Jeffrey Best-produced celebrity extravaganza, which took place under a temporary atrium adjacent to the house that was lit by chandeliers. "Coolest moment of the night…Meeting Jack [Nicholson] holding penelopes oscar and watching Joe Pesci send back 3 martinis because they were sub par," he posted at about 4 a.m.
Diddy's night apparently ended quite well. "I'm holding an oscar rt now and takin a bubble bath!!!!" he Twittered this morning. "God is great!!!"
I was Twittering, too. Read on for my scoopy tweets from inside Elton's soiree and Prince's late-night party and performance.
• Just spoke to Elton. He's hoping for a meeting with Pres. Obama to talk HIV/AIDS...He's hopeful Obama will do more. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Furnish working on producing movie Pride and the Predator. No one cast yet, but it's an alien spoof on Pride & Prejudice. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Katie Price and Peter André from London. Oy, so much makeup...They're living in LA 4 three months...Katie's fave store? Kitson. Of course. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Singing 2nite is Raphael Saadiq. He and Elton rehearsed just 20 minutes yesterday. about 18 hours ago from txt
• Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham posing with Eva Longoria. Fierce posing...but no talking. about 17 hours ago from txt
• David Furnish just came over to apologize for heat. Said it's first time they needed air conditioning in 17 years. about 16 hours ago from txt
• Who the heck hires the waiters at Elton's party???? I mean, they're all hot....even Elton's security guys r hot. about 16 hours ago from txt
• Posh Spice talking to Quincy Jones. Maybe she's asking him to produce some new Spice Girls. LOL. about 15 hours ago from txt
· Elton onstage...Calls for a national AIDS agenda...Thanks Sean Penn for his acceptance speech....auction is starting. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Soap box that Hugh Jackman stood on in opening musician number just went for $20,000. about 13 hours ago from txt
· $55,000 for two people to join Elton and David at Vanity Fair party later. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Keifer Sutherland at the bar: Scotch straight up and a cola on the side. $20 tip. about 13 hours ago from txt
· Dominic Cooper watching his musical number onscreen over the Godiva bar. He's laughing w/friends. about 11 hours ago from txt
· Gerard Butler told me he predicted most winners right except best actor. He thought Mickey was gonna get it. about 11 hours ago from txt
· Richard Jenkins sitting at a table relaxing with a small group of people...He's enjoying a hamburger. about 10 hours ago from txt
• Prince was supposed to go on at 1 a.m. Told it will be more like 1:30. Ugh. about 9 hours ago from txt
• Band is setting up. Geez, come on already. Here we go. Prince is abt 2 come on stage...well, not yet. about 9 hours ago from txt
• Now, he's onstage. Black shirt and pants. about 9 hours ago from txt
• OK, Twitterville, I'm outta here. Time to go home and walk my dog. Nighty-night. about 8 hours ago from txt